Tuesday 19 March 2013

The Vitamin ABC


The weather is not getting any better on the British island… It is mid-March but snow and negative temperatures keep showing up daily… I don’t know about you but Winter weather can make me feel very unwell and sad. The first year I moved to England, the day light was so short in December/January that I was literally depressed. I did my research (thank you Mummy and Daddy for being doctors!) as I was getting a little bit worry and found a few vitamins that helped me a lot.

Here is the list of the ones I tested and that actually work:

Vitamin D: It does make an amazing difference! The main source of vitamin D is Mr Sunshine, which is almost never here in winter. Take some vitamin D and it will make your grumpy-self disappear!

Brewer Yeast: I have been ‘blessed’ with very weak nails … When it gets really bad I make sure I take Brewer Yeast, believe it or not it does make a difference! The only down-side, as soon as you stop taking it the benefits won’t last long.

Iron: Ahhhh, that time of the month, when you feel a little errrr… Well, hormonal and weak… Take a little bit of iron! It may not make you happier but it will surely make you feel stronger!

Vitamin E: Best antioxidant! I am only 27 but it may hopefully make a difference with my skin the day I will turn 40.

Viviscal: I have long curly hair and it can be moody when it doesn’t like the weather/water/air/temperature. And when it is very unhappy it usually decides to fall… That’s when I take Viviscal, it does works! My hair goes from blah and falling, to thick and long within 3 to 4 months. It is pricey but the benefits last months after you stop taking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment